Objective of Ahimsagram Foundation
Ahimsagram Foundation is a not for profit Section 8 Company, set up with the intent to work on our own as well as planet’s health, while having care for all beings in the spirit of interdependence in our ecosystem. The organisation has been founded by Shammi Nanda and Lyla(Chetna Arora) in August 2021.
- To research, design, consult and execute for projects(urban and rural) that move our lives towards wellness where there is access to clean food, air, water, soil, with thriving diversity of flora and fauna, where basic human needs are met with dignity, leading to wellbeing of humans while being in balance with other beings and mother earth. To live the principles of Vasudev Kutumbukam. To collaborate with governments, residents 2 associations or builders to create wellness neighbourhoods, cities or eco villages.
- To build and operate learning and research centres inspired by natural laws of health and wellness where people can learn the vision and practice for creating organic, healthy, wholesome foods and life styles. Such learning can be used at home, in institutional kitchens or to develop wellness inspired food businesses by understanding the why, what and how of wellness inspiring foods and learning to put them into practice. To work on policy interventions in government programs for bringing in safe, organic, wholesome foods for the people of the planet.
- To promote plant based diets and food systems, that make food without using any animal products.
- To build systems in the city for increasing the access to healthy foods sold at streets or at up market restaurants. To offer online and offline trainings to street sellers and other food business or non profits on wellness food, to encourage them to bring healthy and safe food offerings in the city.
- Work on consumer rights leading to a access of safe and healthy food. To advocate for more transparency from businesses and other institutions, to build awareness amongst consumers so they can make conscious and aware choices that bring wellness to their lives.
- To educate street food vendors about the government programs and schemes for their benefits, so they can access them. Work on advocacy for spaces and support from government for vendors who are working on health through food and related activities.
- To set up community kitchens for serving healthy, organic, vegan and gluten free food and make it accessible to diverse groups of people.
- To develop and share awareness about mental health issues and its connection to wellness. Create programs for integration of people with such challenges in the mainstream and advocate for support systems for such integration.
- To evolve and develop compassionate and effective dialogue and decision making systems, collaborative governance, compassionate communication and conflict transformation processes for individuals, businesses or communities in the cities or villages. Work with Non-violent Communication(NVC) to bring it in the day to day lives of people and help them create a world where everyone’s needs matter and are seen with greater connection and harmony, so they can collaborate to create social change.
- To develop local and translocal collaborations by connecting to the local ecology and green groups from across different cities in India and around 3 the world, thus collaborating and learning with them for furtherance of the organisational objectives.
- To organise ecologically sound, diverse and integrated urban greening projects with community participation. We could also engage and develop land restoration projects by creating parks from degraded and exploited landscapes, like mines and quarries. The greening is also done to support habitats for nurturing all species of that ecosystem.
- To mobilise and provide resources like videos, films books, etc and make them accessible to those wanting to learn about food, wellness and regenerative practices and building ecological settlements and intentional communities.
- To also encourage government and civil society institutes and organisations to become the voice of the voiceless beings and animals like dogs, birds, bees, etc who have not been considered in the city design and nurture them as stake holders for building the planet.
- Legal Interventions: To work on legal initiatives for protection of human needs and environment when spaces of dialogue are shrinking. To co-inspire, encourage and educate to build the new self organised, transparent and accountable institutions and initiatives. Educating communities on using the legal process to access their human and civil rights. Bringing in awareness so people are literate about the legalities and how our judicial system works.
- To work for furtherance of the organisational objectives amongst those who are seen on the margins of the system(economically and socially), which could be women, dalits, tribals, aged or LGBTQ and other such communities.
- To work with educational institutions, governmental education regulatory bodies to bring knowledge of health and wellness. Work on Disaster management, including relief, rehabilitation and reconstruction activities.
- To do all such other lawful things as considered necessary for the furtherance of the above objects.
If there is any area of interest that you are aligned to and would like to see action on that, you are welcome to contact us, know about our existing projects and plans, or suggest new ones. You are always welcome to donate. Our org has 80G certificate and all donations are exempt from taxes.
Shammi Nanda and Chetna Arora(Lyla)
73, Suraj Nagar East, Civil Lines,
Phone – 9486083163